Finding ways to fuel a positive office culture throughout the year is key to any company’s success (on several levels). Hosting holiday get-togethers is one way to do so.
Office get-togethers can be lavish, off-premise catered affairs and the New York City metro area, where we are located, certainly has the venues to accommodate those. But sometimes, a more intimate gathering strikes the perfect note to keep your team connected and engaged.
Reasons to Keep the Holiday Get-Togethers Simple
Consider keeping your office holiday party low-key with a potluck dinner, happy hour, or a simple lunch—and keep it on your premises. These options work well because:
a) No one has to get dressed up if they don’t want to.
b) The party is in a familiar environment and everyone knows where it is.
c) It is easier to make conversation in a more intimate setting.
d) It’s easy to arrange – no banquet hall to rent or restaurant reservations to make.
e) Team members can get into the spirit by decorating the office.
f) It gives people that warm fuzzy feeling about their workplace.
The Benefit of Holiday Parties: A Happier Workplace
Regardless of your company’s celebration style, hosting a holiday party of any kind has many benefits for both employers and employees. With many team members working from home or having staggered schedules in the office, getting everyone together in one place during the holiday season is an intangible benefit that:
- Offers employees a chance to socialize outside of the typical workday activities or beyond their cohort (the sales team, marketing department, fulfillment crew, etc.).
- Provides an essential “meet & greet” opportunity for new employees or those who work from home a chance to meet everyone they don’t see day to day.
- Sets the stage for enhanced cohesion among team members.
- Is a perfect time to recap your company’s accomplishments or give a shout-out to those who excelled or met certain milestones.
- Boosts morale and gives everyone a greater sense of belonging to their “work family.”
- Highlights and celebrates your collaborative work culture.
- Brings employees and managers together in a fresh—and quite human—way.
Contact Corporate Essentials/Martin + Fitch for Your NYC/NJ Holiday Get-Togethers
You bring the people; Corporate Essentials brings the goodies. Our office catering options satisfy a range of budgets, dietary preferences, and holiday party styles that keep it simple.
Does your team prefer to drop into the conference room for appetizers and desserts? Is an after-work social an appealing idea? How about a buffet lunch featuring global cuisine? Corporate Essentials’ culinary division, Martin + Fitch, can cater your NYC/NJ office holiday party with ease. That way, you can keep it simple and we keep it delicious—and help keep your team smiling. Contact us to see what’s possible, this holiday season and beyond.