In light of recent developments regarding novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we wanted to make you aware of the precautions being taken by Corporate Essentials in order to keep you and your team safe. The health and safety of our employees, clients, and partners are always our top priority, and we are closely monitoring coverage of the virus as well as taking guidance from government agencies (CDC and FDA) and relevant foodservice industry organizations to ensure we can continue to deliver the products and services your team has come to rely on while keeping you and your team safe.
Being that we are a food service company, we already have a wide variety of processes in place to mitigate the chances of cross-contamination and spread of more common ailments, but we have increased those standards due to the circumstances surrounding the novel coronavirus.
Current food safety procedures include but are not limited to:
- Commercial-grade cleaning and sterilization of all round-trip food containers (pour containers). These are cleaned, sanitized and refilled after every use in our “clean room” where gloves, hairnets, and masks are worn by those who come in contact with any open product.
- All catering team members, including delivery personnel, wear gloves and hairnets. Our onsite commissary operates within ServSafe® guidelines.
- All warehouse picking employees put on gloves (or change gloves that are already being worn) prior to picking all fruit.
- We have a team of employees dedicated to regularly cleaning and sterilizing all product storage areas, including cold storage.
- Continuous training, reinforcement and inspection of our food safety protocols and industry best practices.
In addition to our standard food safety protocols, we are taking several additional measures to reduce the risk of coronavirus contamination. Just so you know, here are some of the additional precautions we are taking to ensure your safety:
- All on-site, operational team members including delivery personnel, field service, and attendants; as well as anyone who has contact with any products at any time, will be using gloves when handling products.
- We have implemented internal policies to limit non-essential business travel and have put plans in place to closely monitor all personal travel.
- Our own employees have been instructed to report any health concerns and stay home if they are sick.
- We have increased the sanitization efforts of communal areas and desk spaces in our home office.
- We are adding additional inventory of products that reduce the use of communal items such as single-serve peanut butter and cream cheese – ask your Corporate Essentials rep for details.
As far as current supplies are concerned, we’re stocked with a full line of personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and face shields.
We also have sanitizing and cleaning products with antimicrobial and antibacterial benefits.
If you have any questions or feel that your current program poses a safety concern, please reach out to your account manager or customer service representative to arrange a conversation. We are happy to discuss alternative program solutions to ensure that you and your team are comfortable.