In light of recent developments regarding novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we wanted to make you aware of the precautions being taken by Corporate Essentials in order to keep you and your team safe. The health and safety of our employees, clients, and partners are always our top priority, and we are closely monitoring coverage of the virus as well as taking guidance from government agencies (CDC and FDA) and relevant foodservice industry organizations to ensure we can continue to deliver the products and services your team has come to rely on while keeping you and your team safe.
Being that we are a food service company, we already have a wide variety of processes in place to mitigate the chances of cross-contamination and spread of more common ailments, but we have increased those standards due to the circumstances surrounding the novel coronavirus.
Current food safety procedures include but are not limited to:
- Commercial-grade cleaning and sterilization of all bulk snack and cereal containers. These are cleaned, sanitized, and refilled after every use in our “clean room” where gloves, hairnets, and masks are worn by those who come in contact with any open product.
- All catering team members, including delivery personnel, wear masks, gloves, and hairnets. Our onsite commissary operates within ServSafe® guidelines.
- All warehouse picking employees put on gloves (or change gloves that are already being worn) prior to picking all orders and must wear masks.
- We have a team of employees dedicated to regularly cleaning and sterilizing all product storage areas, including cold storage.
- Continuous training, reinforcement, and inspection of our food safety protocols and industry best practices.
In addition to our standard food safety protocols, we are taking several additional measures to reduce the risk of coronavirus contamination. Just so you know, here are some of the additional precautions we are taking to ensure your safety:
- All active, on-site, operational team members including delivery personnel, field service, and attendants; as well as anyone who has contact with any products at any time, will be using gloves when handling products along with wearing a mask.
- We have implemented internal policies to limit non-essential business travel and have put plans in place to closely monitor all personal travel.
- Our own employees have been instructed to report all health concerns and must stay home if they are sick.
- We have increased the sanitization efforts of communal areas and desk spaces in our home office.
- We have added additional inventory of products that reduce the use of communal items such as single-serve peanut butter and cream cheese – ask your Corporate Essentials rep for details.
We are currently stocking a full line of personal protective equipment including masks, gloves, and face shields. We also have sanitizing and cleaning products with antimicrobial and antibacterial benefits.
We have added air filtration systems to our equipment offerings to keep contaminants out of the air as well as off of surfaces in the workplace. We also have a variety of solutions available to make your coffee and water machines touchless.
Due to supply chain issues as a result of the pandemic, the exact item you are looking for may not be available. We ask that you contact your Corporate Essentials representative and we will work with you to create an environment that satisfies your needs.
If you have any questions or feel that your current program poses a safety concern, please reach out to your account manager or customer service representative to arrange a conversation. We are happy to discuss alternative program solutions to ensure that you and your team are comfortable.