How to keep your team engaged, post-pandemic and beyond
The pandemic is waning and executives are looking forward to welcoming their teams back to the office. Many employees who have been working remotely for two years are ready to break free from their work-from-home routine. Therefore, it is essential that employers have strategies in place to support those returning workers. As any of us with staff know, happy employees are engaged with each other and with your company. They are productive, and glad to be together and back at the office.
Of course, employers must keep their team’s health and safety at the forefront to ensure everyone’s comfortable being back at work IRL (in real life). How to do this shows up in various ways, such as having PPE on hand in case some people still feel more comfortable wearing masks, reconfiguring your workspaces and employee break room, and offering enhanced employee perks. Here are some ideas for showing you have their satisfaction at the heart of your company culture.
Helpful resources to keep employees engaged and to show you care
- General strategies for the workplace return – “6 Strategies for Developing a Return to Work Plan”
- Ramp up well-being programs – “Well-being Benefits for a Post-Pandemic Workforce”
- Support physical, mental, and financial health – “Employee Benefits in a Post-Pandemic World”
- Adopt flexible work arrangements – “Say Hello Again to the Office, Fingers Crossed”
- Host employee events, celebrate occasions, give awards
- Provide professional development opportunities – “How to Encourage Your Employees to How to Encourage Employees to Pursue Professional Development”
- Recognize your employees – “Creating a Culture of Recognition”
Additional tips to welcome back your team
If it’s been a long time since your employees have been on site (since lockdown, for example), consider sprucing up your office with fresh paint, some new furnishings, or updated equipment. Add mini break areas if space allows; or update your break room with a full pantry offering for everyone to enjoy healthy grab-and-go snacks and meals. Up-level coffee break time with the latest touchless beverage dispensers. Or treat your team to festive lunches with a workplace dining program that makes any workday a special fun day.
Employee engagement is crucial for promoting and sustaining a happy workplace. As your team returns to the office, show them they are appreciated, seen, and cared for. The steps you take will go far in cultivating a positive company culture, with employees who are delighted to be back. Contact our team (who are happy to be back at our office!) to discuss how Corporate Essentials can help you fuel satisfaction, productivity, and camaraderie at your location in New York, New Jersey or Manhattan.