There are countless offices scattered throughout any metropolitan area, and while those offices provide a wide array of services and products to clients, the support services that keep them running day in and day out are remarkably similar. So similar, in fact, you could be forgiven for entirely overlooking the contribution some of those support services make to the workplace – one such unsung hero is the office coffee service.
As anyone who has been in an office with mediocre coffee knows, good coffee is just as important to the smooth running of a workplace as the paper that we need for printers and copy machines. Today, the team of office coffee pros at Corporate Essentials are taking a moment to toot our own horn, so to speak, and give you some of the defining factors of great office coffee services and why they are important to companies like yours.
Bringing teams together, whether they like it or not
Every office has a sense of community – it is largely up to the people that work there whether that is a positive or negative experience for everyone concerned. We know that companies working with great office coffee services tend to have a better organizational culture, and our experience leads us to believe that this is because of office coffee:
- Provides a connection: by giving employees from teams across the building a place to come together, and giving them a reason to interact with one another despite having no work-related business to discuss.
- Encourages healthy habits: employees who spend their entire day sitting at a desk are more likely to develop a wide range of work-related conditions ranging from depression to repetitive strain injuries. Great office coffee gives people a reason to get up out of their chairs and move around once in a while, which offers a host of health benefits in addition to the caffeine boost.
- Improves communication: office coffee quickly becomes a talking point, can be used as a point of engagement for disparate staff and encourages good hydration – all three of these points improve the overall flow of communication within teams, between departments and across your workplace as a whole.
Similarly, great office coffee gives your visitors a pleasant memory of their welcome to the building – which is great both for those you are hoping to recruit as clients and those you wish to retain as staff.
Improving job satisfaction
On a chilly winter morning, there is little more satisfying than a warm cup of coffee nestled between your palms. The comfort found in wrapping your fingers around that cup and inhaling the gentle wafting aroma is one of the most satisfying feelings one can imagine.
Unless of course you had to walk eight blocks in the freezing cold to get that cup of coffee, then rush back to your desk to enjoy it when you have spilled about a quarter of it on your hand in the hurried walk and the rest of it is a bit less than hot. This is where having the best office coffee service make a regular delivery to your workplace really improves things for your teams.
By providing hot, fresh, delicious coffee at the point of need, you save your employees time – which is possibly the most valuable benefit of all. There is an element of money savings that can not be ignored as well – everyone likes a bargain, and top-quality office coffee on the house is a great perk.
This added value benefit of working in your building does more than keep someone’s hands warm on a cold morning. It proves that you are aware of the difficulties that face your teams, and that you want to do something – however small – to smooth out the rough spots in their day.
Office coffee services exist to provide satisfying beverages to companies – companies choose office coffee services to increase satisfaction among employees. The boost in morale alone is a solid return on investment. Add to this the ripple effects of a decrease in the time lost going out for coffees; an increase in cross-departmental collaboration; and, a boost in productivity thanks to improved hydration and it is easy to see why so many halo companies embrace office coffee as an essential expense.
Understanding is the key
With a solid notion of why office coffee services stand out as a benefit for the modern workplace, it might be worth noting what makes one company stand out among all the office coffee services in the marketplace. The vital statistics of office coffee services should include:
- Quality products: not just one great national brand standing out in a portfolio of mediocre or unknown names in the world of coffee beverages, but a truly great selection of coffee, tea and other popular beverages from a number of widely known names with great tasting products.
- Flexible service: offering what you need, when you need it with the ability to change an order should you need to, the best office coffee services should provide both flexible and reliable deliveries to your local area.
- Excellent equipment: coffee machines are a mission-critical part of your business’s smooth operation, and your office coffee service should help you find the right coffee makers to suit your break room environment. Additionally, the best office coffee services will provide maintenance, servicing and even training in the use of your coffee equipment.
- Great companionship: office coffee services at the top of their game will be able to adapt and change to the needs of your growing business. This should include helping you make determinations about which products and equipment are best suited to your office environment, as well as what new product offerings might be of interest to your coffee-loving teams.
In addition to understanding what separates the best office coffee services from the outliers, it is vital that you understand the needs of your colleagues. Doing periodic staff surveys to keep tabs on how well the office coffee service is being received and what additional products might be enjoyed.
Establishing a great relationship with your new office coffee service can be a simple task once you know what you want. Even if you are unsure of what would make the best contribution to your break room, working with a team of experts like the office coffee gurus at Corporate Essentials can make picking the right products, service intervals and equipment for your needs easy. If you are ready to take the next step in engaging a top office coffee service for your workplace, contact our team today.