Here in New York City, we drink more than seven times the coffee that “average” Americans consume on a weekly basis. We expect the best and will not settle for less, which is why when it comes to selecting an office coffee service for your NYC business, the choice really is critical to your firm’s continued success.
That might sound like an exaggeration, but when you give more thought to all the ways your office coffee supplier has an impact on the ebb and flow of your workplace, you will soon realize that making an investment in the best office coffee service available pays dividends in the long run.
Today, we have pooled almost two decades of corporate coffee experience into five reasons that today’s workplace needs the best in-house coffee service.
Keep everyone healthy and hydrated
Dehydration is one of the biggest enemies in the battle for a productive, happy office. Studies repeatedly show that even mild dehydration, which is common in the workplace, can lead to all sorts of minor health issues that can potentially add up to something serious over time. Odds are your employees are not so fundamentally dehydrated that they risk serious illness or injury, but even mild dehydration can cause issues in the workplace because of symptoms including:
- Increased downtime due to illness – mild dehydration leads to a host of symptoms that together leave workers feeling worn down and are likely to compromise immunity.
- General malaise or unhappiness – dehydrated people are more prone to mood swings and a dreary outlook, making the workplace less than pleasant for everyone.
- Decreased performance – one of the more common symptoms of mild dehydration is a “brain fog” that forces employees to operate at a less-than-optimal level. This means they take longer to complete seemingly straight-forward tasks, have less robust creative problem solving approaches and can even be prone to making simple mistakes more often.
While providing coffee in the office might not be an obvious solution to dehydration – after all, caffeinated beverages are sometimes among the myriad causes of dehydration – partnering with the best office coffee service in town gives you access to a great raft of beverages and other break room products that promote good health and hydration, including fresh fruit and water.
Kill the afternoon slump
One of the biggest problems with office productivity nonchalantly arrives around two in the afternoon – the afternoon slump. The sluggish feeling that settles between your eyes, making it hard to focus, difficult to be comfortable and virtually impossible to retain the ability to get things done is legendary, it is pervasive and it is ruining your workplace. But, as the person who has been charged with finding the best office coffee for your NYC office, you have the power to obliterate the afternoon slump once and for all.
Why? Quite simply because providing your workers with access to a well-stocked break room with a solid selection of beverages and snacks gives them the tools they need to not fall victim to the slothful productivity lull that those hours between lunch and quitting time can bring. This works in a few ways:
- Providing adequate hydration – as we explained above, hydration is important to maintaining productivity.
- Offering a reason for frequent breaks – offices with well-stocked break rooms give their employees a reason to jump up from their workstations once in a while and move around. Moving around is a great way to improve your thought process, thanks to increased circulation and respiration. It also allows your eyes to defocus, which decreases the incidence of eyestrain and headaches in office workers.
- Snacking matters – having a selection of protein-rich snacks, along with fresh fruits and vegetables on site is another good weapon in the war against the afternoon slump, and a great office coffee service can provide those.
Say goodbye to long coffee breaks
A huge productivity pitfall for many companies comes from staff having to run out to the cafe around the corner to get coffee before a meeting, for office guests or because they are feeling a little run down. The beauty of providing an office coffee service to your staff is that you eliminate the need people feel to run up the road and get coffee.
Knowing that your office has the best office coffee service means you have a tremendous perk to offer your staff. The beautiful thing is that you save your staff time, which means you are saving the company time – and we all know time is money.
Save your team money
While we are on the topic of money, it is worth pointing out the tremendous value that employees put on the availability of great office coffee in their workplace. Knowing that they can roll into the office and grab a fresh cup of coffee from the best office coffee service in NYC means that your staff are thrilled to keep the extra $5 in their pockets each morning, because there is no need to waste time queuing up at the cafe around the corner.
By investing in an office coffee service, you provide a tangible benefit to your staff, which is a feather in the cap of any good corporation.
Improve your office culture
There is a subtle benefit that working with the best office coffee service brings to any business – better workplace culture. Because coffee is a very social beverage, bringing excellent coffee options into the workplace break room opens the door to a number of social engagements that are likely missing from your workplace.
You can use the selection of a new office coffee provider as a way to kickstart a more engaging office culture, based on sharing time over the warm dark beverage so many of us truly adore. You can go on to have specific events centered around the changing offerings your office coffee service has throughout the seasons. You are likely to notice that new alliances spontaneously pop up between teams that previously had not worked together.
It is commonly reported that staff in offices with great office coffee develop a keen sense of pride in their workplace and even look forward to arriving at the office each day, where they know a fresh hot cup of Joe from the best office coffee service waits for them.
If you are interested in finding the best office coffee service option for your workplace, contact one of the office coffee experts at Corporate Essentials. We are ready to help you make the most of your office coffee experience.